The WynBay TAC L2P Program is a community-based volunteer program that has been designed to provide supervised driving practice for young learners, aged 16 to 21 years of age, that face significant barriers to obtaining the required 120 hours prior to going for their probationary license. The volunteer mentor will provide a mentoring role for the young person. Establish a purposeful, empowering non-judgmental and ongoing relationship with the young learner.
Volunteer Mentors must hold a current Victorian driver licence, be able to attend training to prepare you for the role provided by VicRoads and be interested in helping young people who do not have access to a supervising driver. A commitment to helping learners become safer drivers and increase their ability to seek employment and other opportunities.
The requirements needed to participate as a Volunteer Mentor
- be over the age of 21 years of age
- have a current full driver’s license
- have a working with children check or willing to obtain one ( volunteers are free)
- a driver history check ( we provide)
- a police check ( we provide)
- Vic roads training which will be provided through our program
Mentors will be provided with a car, petrol, insurance, training and support.
For more information please: