The TAC WynBay L2P Program is designed to help disadvantaged youth aged between 16 to 21 years of age in providing them with free driving lessons to reach their 120 hours from their Learner’s License to their Probationary License.
Learners need to meet atleast two of the following criteria to join the TAC L2P program:
- Must be between the ages of 16 – 21 years of age
- Must hold a current Learner’s Permit Card
- Must be living/studying/working in Wyndham Council Area or Hobsons Bay Council Area
- Hold a healthcare card
- Have financial limitations (including receiving Centrelink benefits)
- Identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- New arrival or refugee
- Parent/guardian impacted through family violence, mental health or physical illness
- Be a twin or triplet and it is difficult to accrue 120 hours
- Single parent under 21 years old
- Experiencing homelessness
- In and out of home care
- Living in a low socioeconomic index for area (SEIFA score less than 900),
Refer to SEIFA Index of Relative Socio-economic Disadvantage
Learners will have access to professional lessons, a safe car and will be supported by a volunteer driving mentor to gain on-road experience.
Application process for Learners
To be eligible for the TAC L2P program, learners (or their parent or guardian) need to complete a learner driver application form. Apply here.
Send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org This program has a waiting list that new applicants join once we get your completed paperwork. When a place becomes available, a team member will contact you to arrange a time to catch up and discuss the program.
To register :
Please contact Project Coordinator:Naheed Akhtar on 0487465687 or email at email@example.com