Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP)
AMEP used to be limited to 510 hours but AMEP has now changed.
- AMEP students can now study for longer.
- Some people who were not eligible before, may now be eligible.
- Some people who were not eligible because they completed their AMEP hours or reached the highest level of the program may now be eligible again.
- For people with a visa commencement date on or before 1 October 2020, time limits for enrolling, starting and completing have now been removed.
Contact Laverton Community Education Centre on 9369 2726 to check if you are eligible
AMEP is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training and provides up to 510 hours of English language tuition to eligible migrants and humanitarian entrants to help them learn basic English skills to assist them to successfully and confidently participate socially and economically in Australian society. You may be eligible for AMEP if you have been
- granted a permanent visa OR
- granted an eligible temporary visa AND
- speak little or no English
Young people between 15 and 17 years of age may also be eligible.
In an AMEP class you will learn English language skills and information about Australian society. You can meet other people learning English. Classes are taught by qualified teachers.
LCEC delivers the AMEP on behalf of Learning for Employment.
For more information on AMEP go to: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/settling-in-australia/amep/about-the-program
For information on being a volunteer AMEP tutor please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on Learning for Employment go to: http://learningforemployment.org.au/